WordPress Plugins I use

I have a number of websites, and many of them are WordPress blog based. There are lots of great plugins for WordPress to use. Here’s a list of some of them I’ve found useful:

There are many other great plugins I’m not using because I don’t have a need for them or haven’t heard of them. I did want to share the ones I like and use most often.

About Nifty Galoot

Farmer and Market Gardener living along the banks of the Mississippi river in north Central Minnesota.
This entry was posted in Web activity and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to WordPress Plugins I use

1. John says:

By far my favorite plugin is One Click Installer (http://anirudhsanjeev.org/projects/oneclick/) – it makes installing plugins so nice and easy!

Johns last blog post..2008 WSOP Trip Report

2. That’s a nice list of plug-ins. I’ll have to check out that amazon one…I like to use amazon products but hate the hassle of logging in, finding the product, getting the link.

The best thing about plug-ins is they make life much easier!

Upstart Agents last blog post..How to Improve Your Personal Website Rankings

3. Erika J says:

I love using the related posts plugin too. It gives you a way for people to take a look at older posts.

4. xenalto says:

I think WordPress Database backup plugin is a must… Better to be prepared than to be sorry.. The ones you have listed are good and few of them are new to me…I need to check out WP-ads and Lightbox…

xenaltos last blog post..Birthday Bash at Pinay Mommy Online

5. Tony says:

There are a few there that I haven’t heard of before and that looks promising.

I would also like to recommend 2 that I use:
    Karailiev’s sitemap – this generates a xml sitemap of your blog for google.
    smart update pinger – this stops your site from pinging every time you edit a post. You just ping when you publish. Keeps you from getting slapped for spamming.

6. Louise says:

I second the importance of the backup plugin, although I think this may be included in WP 2.6.

Louises last blog post..Delicious Deviled Egg Recipes from Paula Dean

7. PeterMathAntispam is essential – random maths questions prevent robot spamalots

Pasty Munchers last blog post..Best of British Totty – Top Totty in Adverts for Land Rover

8. Sire says:

Out of that list my favorite is the Automatic upgrade. Upgrading used to be such a headache but now it’s a breeze. Another one that isn’t on the list is a threaded comment plugin that allows users to reply to a particular comment.

Sires last blog post..The F Word, When No Other Word Will Do

9. Lening says:

Thanks for sharing this list of plugins. I knew most of them but it’s always easy to have them in one list for future references..Bookmarked!

10. I’m also a big fan of the various “related posts” plugins that are around – they seem to really increase user-friendliness and stickiness of blogs.

Flip Video Camerass last blog post..Flip Video Software (Part 2)

11. Shane says:

Forced to pick just 3, I’d choose Akismet, Subscribe to Comments, and WP-DB Backup — in that order.

Shanes last blog post..Free Business Ideas

12. B.M. Garrett says:

I truly enjoy Akismet. It’s a valuable tool that every blogger should use. I’ve seen some blog sites that have thousands of spam comments per post! So far, the plugin has caught a lot of spam for me and I’m happy about that.

B.M. Garretts last blog post..Paid in full

13. My favorite plugin is the all-in-one-SEO. It makes everything so completely simple. Personally I think it’s very valuable , and of course I also love it because it’s free.

14. JL says:

The two I have on every blog I run are All in One SEO Pack and Google XML Sitemaps. Not sexy I know but if you’re concerned at all about SEO they’re essential in my opinion.

15. Oh, I decide to find plugin like “Gives a backlink to a commentor’s last post” but I don’t know what it’s name. Thanks for article

16. Thanks for sharing your plugins.

Does any spam get through with that Contact Form 7? I’m looking for a good form for this. Thanks.

17. Nifty Galoot says:

Contact Form 7 seems to be doing a good job keeping spam away. I think the combination of plugins, Bad Behavior, Akismet, and Contact Form 7, are working well and every blog needs such spam control.